Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 14 of 14

Thread: The Blower is on!!!!!!

  1. #11
    Inactive Member AvanishV's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 16th, 1999
    Posts
    352
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    On my first time out to the track, I pulled a 14.1@ 102 and I can't drive worth crap. You shouldn't be dropping the clutch higher than 2600RPM's. If you're bogging, maybe you should lower the fuel pressure a bit. Try turning the hex nut 1/4 turn counterclockwise and do another run (or maybe you're just going to wait until you get your guages in). You shouldn't be bogging that low unless it's extremely hot outside.

    ------------------
    1995 Integra GSR
    JR Supercharger (6 psi), HO fuel pump, RS*R Header, Thermal R&D Exhaust, Iceman Intake, Neuspeed Front Tower Bar, Type-R Rear Swaybar, Short Shifter, ST 1.3" drop springs

  2. #12
    Inactive Member Bigkat's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 25th, 1999
    Posts
    601
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Drives an LS:
    Hey BigKat, wouldn't bald tires at the track be better than ones with tread? smile

    I was able to get a best of 2.22 60' time with my nitto 450s - using the same launching technique as before the blower, where my best was a god awful 2.8 60'!! I rev up to 3000 and dump the clutch, not slip it. I bet if I slipped it, I could get even lower!
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    LOL, you wouldn't think you would. Yeah, slip'n the clutch a little should help w/ 60's. But, I be damn if it isn't rough on the tranny and clutch. Heah, those 450's suck ass. I've noticed that I cut 2.1's more consistently, when I do a mini burnout on my 1st pass and then bark them a few times on each additional pass.

  3. #13
    Inactive Member fastfour's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 27th, 1999
    Posts
    709
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    BigKat,

    No offense taken. I am not one to say I am the best driver out there and know that even the best need practice. I'll get there. I love this thing on the street though. It just pulls and pulls and..... cool

    ------------------
    94 Civic Coupe/LS Hybrid
    JRSC@6psi
    AEM CAI
    DC 4-1 Ceramic Header
    Test Pipe
    GReddy PE exhaust
    Magnacore 8.5mm Wires
    MSD 6A
    Skunkworks Coilovers
    ACT 6 Puck
    Turbo Convert

  4. #14
    Inactive Member Drives an LS's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9th, 2000
    Posts
    254
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hey BigKat, wouldn't bald tires at the track be better than ones with tread? smile

    I was able to get a best of 2.22 60' time with my nitto 450s - using the same launching technique as before the blower, where my best was a god awful 2.8 60'!! I rev up to 3000 and dump the clutch, not slip it. I bet if I slipped it, I could get even lower!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •